A week ago it was my hubby’s birthday. I wanted to give him a special treat, so I decided to make one of his favorites—chocolate lava cake! Lava cake seems a little complicated, but this recipe is so simple even the most culinarily challenged person could make them!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large muffin pan.
- Microwave the baking chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl on high for 30-60 seconds or until the butter is melted.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and stir until well blended.
- Mix in the eggs and yolk. Then stir in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Fill each cup about half way. Bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are firm and the middles are soft.
- Let stand for a few minutes. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.